Sunday, March 17, 2013

Save the Date: May 13, 2013

It's 57 days to go before the election day, and I can't wait to cast my vote. This coming election, it will be  my second time to vote. The first time was back in 2004. I had high hopes back then. But later on, I became cynical, having noticed the same (traditional) faces being elected and not noticing any genuine reform. In 2010, presidential candidate Gilbert Teodoro made me realize my vote is important, but by the time I realized that, it was too late.

But this year, it's going to be different.



As part of my quest to be an educated voter, I regularly visit the official website of Commission on Elections. Today, this was what greeted me:



Cool. For most people, the first three links will be very useful.

Precinct Finder

I'm already familiar with this feature. It's very easy to use (promise!). All you have to provide is your full name and birth date in the search page. After you submit the information, the following details will be displayed: voter's information, registration details (includes polling center) and id printing details.

Two things that I think they could improve on:

  • I hope they get rid of this pop up message whenever I submit the form. I find this annoying.

  • If it's not too much to ask, I hope they also include the address of the polling center. At the moment it just gives me the name of a school. I know it's most likely within the baranggay, but more details would be helpful.  Pretty please?


Ballot Template

The ballot template section is also worth checking out. I plan to print out a copy so that I can use it as my guide (kodigo) on the day itself.


List of Candidates

The ballot template already contains the relevant information. But in case you want to know more about the candidates from other cities or municipalities, you can find out here.

I'm amazed to learn that we have 136 party list candidates. And we only get to choose one. Is there a way to group them by sectors? *and there's another wishlist*

I hope to find more gems in their website. Good job, Comelec!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...