Sunday, September 15, 2013

Okay Ka, Yaya Ko!: A Quick Review

The Okay Ka, Yaya Ko! workshop for household helpers was held more than a week ago. Auntie Emma (we call her Auntie since I'm not really comfortable calling her yaya) and my husband were late - well, they got lost. Di naman defensive, no? As much as I wanted to join them, we agreed that I will stay at home to take care of the little one.

Why so serious, auntie? via Manila Workshops Facebook page
When they got home, my son was as relieved as I am. And the first thing that we talked about was the workshop. Both of them had a lot to say about the event. Even if I wasn't there, I could tell that the money spent was worth it. I know, because the next day, our yaya can't stop talking about the things she learned. :)

Her very own certificate, wohoo! via Manila Workshops Facebook page


Based on what I gathered from Auntie and my husband, here's a quick review:

Plus


  • She made new friends.
  • She learned helpful tips especially on what to do during emergencies.
  • According to her, the demonstration part was fun!

Minus



  • The venue, It wasn't ideal for those who had to commute. It's difficult to find a cab within the village. And Auntie Emma had to share her lunch with my husband because there aren't any restaurants or turo-turo nearby.
  • The morning session was uneventful. Okay, her actual term was "laay", which, in our dialect, would be akin to bored. No, the resource person wasn't boring, but to Auntie, the topics covered were already familiar to her. After all, she has almost 20 years experience under her belt.



Group picture via Manila Workshops Facebook page
If Manila Workshops will have another seminar covering advanced topics, I would enroll our yaya again. I do hope that they will have another venue that's more accessible.

Thank you, Manila Workshops, for making this happen :) Looking forward to join your upcoming events!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...